It is very necessary for all Facebook users to keep their account safe and secure. Because every user uses their private information like name, address, phone number, Email Id, photo/video, account password etc. So, no user want that their private information has been leaked.
Stealing of user’s information or account is called hacking. And a person, who steal user’s account information is known as a hacker. Hackers use special type of technology to unlock user’s Facebook account password. Read this article to keep your account safe and secure.
How to know if your Facebook account is hacked
There are following symptoms by which you can find that your Facebook account has been hacked or not:
- Your account’s email address, phone number, password have changed
- Friend requests are sent to those persons whom you don’t know
- Messages are sent to those whom you have never send
- Newer posts have been made to your account
Steps to Recover Facebook Account
Users need to follow these steps to recover their Facebook account:
First of all, click on this link http://www.facebook.com/hacked, and then click on “My account is compromised” button.
After clicking on “My account is compromised”, type in your username, phone number, email id, etc, which relates your Facebook account.
Now open your Facebook account with valid password and email id, ahh i know that your account has been hacked, so hacker has obviously changed your account password.
So, enter your Facebook account password for login for your account.
But as you are typing an old password for your account, which is a wrong password in the sense of Facebook, so this page come up. But you no need to worry, just click “Reset my password” button.
if hacker could be change your email address and password. So, be aware you can’t receive an account reset link or a code to your registered phone number. So don’t worry, click on “No longer have access to these” button
Here type your new email address which you will send a Facebook account password link to reset your account. If you will get a password reset link then click it and change password. Now you can access your Facebook account.
Tips to secure your Facebook account
1. Always logout:
Always keep in mind to logging out of every computer after using your Facebook account. if your Facebook account account open on your computer and other person use your computer therefore many they will use your account. So, don’t forget to logged out of every computer that you have used for Facebook.
2. Enable Login Notification:
Login notification is an extra feature for Facebook users to keep their account safe and secure. Users always get a notification whenever they login into their account on their email address as well as registered phone number.
You can enable this security feature by these steps:
- First of all, login to your Facebook account
- Click on button on the dashboard and click on “Settings” option from the menu
- Now click on “Security and Login” option from left menu options
- In the opened panel look at “Setting Up Extra Security” tab and click on “Get alerts about unrecognized logins” option.
- Enable this feature for receiving alerts on email address and phone number whenever you use your account in future
- Go to your Facebook account’s “Settings” by logging in to your account
- Click on “Secure browsing” section
- And enable secure browsing feature for your account by check the box provided for secure browsing and click on save change.
3. Enable Secure Browsing:
Secure browsing (https) is a feature, which is harder for others to hack or use your personal information without your permission.
To enable secure browsing on Facebook:
4. Create Strong Password:
We suggest that always choose stro
ng for your Facebook account because another user are unable to guesses. So, don’t use your username, birth date, mobile number, etc., in your password field. Always create a strong password by using uppercase and lowercase alphabets, special characters, numbers etc.
5. Enable Cell Phone Login Approval:
This is a special feature for Facebook account users to keep their account secure. By enabling this feature user receives a security code every time whenever he/she wants to log in to his/her account, which is useful to enter on Facebook at the time of login.
6. Update Your Web Browser:
Always update your web browser at a period of time like every week, month to keep avoid vulnerabilities affect your login details to save inside them.
7. Run Antivirus:
Use a registered antivirus software and update it for better surfing protection and better protection from viruses and spyware.
8. Don’t Save and Share your Password:
Never share your Facebook account’s password to anyone whether he is your friend, relative or any other person. Also don’t save your password inside any file or document and anywhere on computer or internet.
9. Don’t Click on Unknown Links:
If your friends sent any link then don’t click any more or are coming from posts on Facebook. Because these links can be a part of hacking.