- July 17, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Facebook
Facebook is of the most addictive social media platforms. With its constant growth in users, there is also an increase in hacks and other cyber crimes. It is, therefore, important to keep the security of your account uptight and strong. Thankfully, Facebook too is aware of its responsibilities and offers several security features to help you keep your account secure.
Here are some useful tips listed down by our support team:-
- Safeguard your password: Make sure you don’t use your Facebook password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people. This is the most useful tip. Make your password so strong that it gets difficult to guess. Don’t make it obvious by using your own name, use numbers and symbols instead.
- Don’t share your login information: Beware of scammers who create fake websites that look like Facebook and ask you to log in with your email address and password. Make sure you always check the website’s URL before you entering your login information. The best way is to simply type “www.facebook.com” in your browser when in doubt.
- Always Log Out: Not logging out as soon as you are done using Facebook is a way to invite hackers. Make sure you always Log Out.
- Don’t accept friend requests from strangers: Scammers create fake accounts to friend people. Accepting their friend request means giving them access to your status, pictures, videos and other personal information.
- Mobile number confirmation: Confirming your mobile number lets you improve your Facebook account security. In case you forget your password. An OTP will be sent to your number. From the drop-down menu on the top right corner, Click Settings >> Mobile >> add a phone number.
- Opt for secure browsing: Always make sure you are browsing from a trusted/secure browser. In the Security option under the Settings tag of Facebook, you can identify the devices you have been using to log in to your account. This option thus allows you to automatically limit, control and remove all the external applications which you have used previously while logging in.
- Use 2-factor authentication: Facebook has introduced the 2-factor authentication (2FA) at the log in page. Another useful security measure. Here, the user has to provide login details for two different components. Facebook later decides what those two components will be. It may be a regular password followed by a secret question, a secret code, a set of characters.
- Avoid clicking on suspicious links: Such links may appear to come from a friend or acquaintance you know on your email. Just keep in mind Facebook will never ask your login detail through email. We suggest reporting such links whenever you come across them.
- Use extra security features: The Security option under Settings (found in the drop-down menu on the top right corner) allows you to get alerts on your phone or email every time you log in.
Click Get alerts about unrecognized logins >> get notifications. Use Facebook customer service phone number for more help.
- Use Security Checkup: Select the privacy option under the settings shortcut. Make changes in the following 3 options:
- Who can see my stuff?
Control who can see the pictures, videos, status you post.
- Who can contact me?
Control who can send you friend requests.
- Who can look me up?
Control who can look you up using your email address. Change it from everyone to friends. It will help you tighten your account security.
Get through the security question issue using Facebook technical support
Here’s how you can get back into your account by answering the security question:
- Click on the Having trouble? link on the Facebook homepage.
- Follow the given steps on the page and identify your account. You can request for a new password if you have access to any of the emails listed.
In case you don’t have access to any of the email addresses:
- Click on the No longer have access to these? the link under the list of email addresses. Follow the instructions to answer your security question
- You will regain access to your account.
Use technical support for Facebook for sending and receiving money in messages
Keep your account safe while sending and receiving money in Messenger by:
- Set up a PIN/password for your account
(All you to do is find the Payments option in Facebook settings. Under “Account Settings”, Select On or Off next to password owed below preferences).
- Send or receive money only to/from people you know.
- Beware of the common money scams
- Report the scammers who message you
- Use two-factor authentication for your account, keep it turned “ON’
- DO NOT click on suspicious links, even if they come from a friend.
- Avoid accepting friend requests from people you don’t know
- Make sure you are logging into the right domain i.e. facebook.com
- Never share your password or debit card information
We provide complete Facebook help to customers facing issues while using their respective Facebook accounts. Our team is here to resolve each of those issues instantly. We are trained in dealing with any kind of complex complaints. Get your issues rectified by calling on our phone number for Facebook technical support.