Facebook Password Recovery
By June 2018, Facebook had 2.23 billion monthly active users. That’s a huge number. Active users are those who have created their account and have login in last 30 days. But what if you forget your Facebook password. Surely, you will be unable to login. If you know your current password, you can change it. If you don’t know your password, you can reset it.
Sometimes old phone number which becomes deactivated and not used by users but they are still connected to their account. These phone number assigned to another person and if the number is still linked to the facebook account then your account accessible by the new person and change the password of your account. They can hijack your account and uses your account for the illegal activities against your friends and contacts.
We recommend people to only use current phone numbers with their Facebook account because many online service providers recover any account using a phone number. Facebook is different from other services because it allows more than one phone numbers. People can add multiple numbers to their account. Many people never remove their old phone numbers, they just keep adding new phone numbers when they switch mobile carrier.
Their are so many issue related to facebook password recovery and our team can fix them all. Call on our toll-free number +1 855 216 7829 to connect with one of our FB customer service team. If you want to do this all yourself, here is all the information you need.
When people recover their account with the phone number facebook never change the password. It will login to the account with the old password. Facebook lets recover the password with phone number and then not change the password. For unauthorized access and improving detection of suspicious activity attempts, Facebook has to apply some changes so that users can’t retrieve an account with the same email address and phone number that they used to login. And also at the time of recovering password changes should be mandatory. Google, Microsoft, and other online service providers use an alternate email address and phone number to recover an account.
Facebook should also apply a mandatory password reset option while recovering the account. Do not let people recover an account without resetting the password and also send a notification to the associated email address and phone number. Facebook should also notify the user when they add a new phone number into their account and also ask them to remove their old one.
Facebook provides some recovery process through which you can recover back your FB account by following some steps. FB stores all of data and information in their database which will be used to validate your account. If you forget your password you just need your phone number or email to change it. Facebook will send you a code to verify your phone or email. After providing the code you can create a new password for your account.
There are several case & condition for all this recovery process. Most of the user get overwhelmed by it. Hence we have prepared this in-depth guide to let you understand how to change facebook password or reset it. We have break down this article in 8 cases. You can click on any of it to read the preferred case or can read whole article.
Case 1: You forgot your Password
Facebook is a very famous social networking site. You cannot log in to your account if you don’t remember your password. If you have access to your associated email and mobile number, you can use this to rest your forgotten password.
To recover your password you can follow given below steps:
- Visit the Facebook login page.
- Click Forgotten Account.
- After this, Enter your Email address or Phone Number associated with your account and Click Search.
- Choose an Account Reset option.
- Go to your Gmail account and Verify your Code.
- Enter the Code.
- Click Continue.
- Type your New Facebook Password.
- Type the Password Again.
- Click on the Continue.
Case 2: You forgot your email, phone number, and password.
If you forgot both email and phone number which is associated to your facebook account then the only way to recover your account is to answer the security questions. You can recover by answer all the security questions, by using an alternate email address or get help from your trusted contacts.
Method 1: To answer the security questions:
- Visit the Facebook login page and click “Forgotten account?” in the top right.
- Fill out the form to identify your account.
- Select I forgot my account.
- Look out all the email addresses if you don’t have access of any email then click on no longer have access to these?
- Follow all the instructions to answer your security question.
Method 2: Using trusted contact for password recovery
To recover your account, you have to take help of your trusted contacts. This can be used when your account is locked out. After choosing friends or trusted contacts they send you recovery code with a special URL.
Follow these steps to do that:
- Go to your “Security and Login Settings”
- If your account has been locked, Choose 3 to 5 friends from contact list by scroll down and click Edit
- Click Choose friends and follow the on-screen instructions
After setting up trusted contacts if you forgot or lost your email and phone number then you can access your account password from these trusted contacts.
How to Use Facebook Trusted Contacts to Gain Access to Your Locked Account
- Go to the login page and click Forgotten account?.
- Enter your email, phone, username or full name to find the account and tap on Search.
- Look out all the email addresses if you don’t have access of any email then tap on No longer have access to these?
- Enter your new email or mobile number which have access to you and then click Continue.
- Click on Reveal My Trusted Contacts and put the full name of one of your friend or trusted contacts.
- You see set of instruction with a URL which contains a recovery code and sent to your trusted contacts. Call your friend to ask the recovery code.
- Use that security code to recover your account.
After successfully recovering your account, you can change your login details any time from your settings. You can also dial our toll-free number +1 855 216 7829 if you want to hire our Facebook expert to do this all for you.
Case 3: Your Facebook has been hacked
If your Facebook account is hacked by someone you can recover it back by following these steps:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/hacked
- Click on”Your account has been Compromised”.
- Then you have to enter your associated email, phone no., username and full name and then click Search.
At this step, you have to enter the password. As you know your new password has been changed by the hacker so you can enter your old password which you used to login before hacking of your account.
Because you entered wrong passwords that’s why reset your password page has been prompted. Now click on reset my password button.
You know that your primary email has been hacked by someone and you don’t want to send your link to hackers account. So just click on “no longer have access to these?”
Just write your new email address on which you want to send reset your account link and also set it as a primary email.
By following the next steps you can get the recovery of your account within 24 hours.
Case 4: Someone guessed your password and change it
There may be a case when someone guesses your password or got it from a password manager or saved browser login or use password recovery because you used a question that someone knew.
Go to facebook login and click on ‘I forgot my password’. An email has been sent to your registered email id and also you can choose other options.
If your email address also changed then click on the ‘I no longer have access to these’ and then answer the prompted security questions.
Then set a strong password that you never used before and change your security questions. Also, change your backup email.
Case 5: You didn’t get password verification code on your mobile.
If you didn’t get the verification code on your phone then we suggest you using a PC rather than mobile and try to reset your password.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit www.facebook.com
- Click ‘Forgotten Account?’ below the password text box.
- Enter your email, phone number, username or full name and click ‘Search’.
- Then, select “send code via SMS”
- Enter OTP code which you receive on your mobile. If you don’t receive a code, select ‘Didn’t get a code?’ (Make sure that this option isn’t available to attempting a password reset using a mobile device)
- If it didn’t work then try using an email address to reset the password instead.
- For Email, Select “Send code via email” You can send a link to your email.
- Then just check your email and enter the verification code.
- Then Enter your new password for your account.
Case 6: You forgot your facebook username and password
You can recover your username and password in a minute. You can get it by verifying your associated email or phone number. If you don’t have the access of associated phone or email then you can try answering security questions which will take 24 hours to recover your facebook account.
Reset your password with associated Email
1: Go to the Facebook login page and click “Forgotten Account.”
2: Enter your email address, phone number, username or full name to find the account and click “Search.”
3: Choose the option to reset your password
- Send code via email
- Send code via SMS
You will get an OTP. Enter the code and click continue to reset your password. If you have no longer access of your associated email then you can follow another method.
Recover Your Account Without Access to associated Email
1: Click “No longer have access to these.”
2: Click on “I cannot access my email account.”
3: Enter an email address through which Facebook can contact you. You can also answer the security questions to your account.
4: Then Click “Submit” to process your request. You can access your account within 24 hours with your new email address.
Recover facebook account with the help of your friends
When your account has been locked you can try to take help from your friends. You can choose trusted contacts to request help you. We have discussed this step in detail in method 2.
FAQ: How can I choose friends to help me log in if I ever get locked out of my account?
Steps to choose your trusted contacts:
- Navigate your Security and Login settings.
- If your account has been locked, Choose 3 to 5 friends from contact list by scroll down and click Edit
- Then Click Choose friends and follow all the instructions given on the screen.
You can always Change, Edit or Remove your trusted contacts.
FAQ: I’m having trouble getting the codes from the friends I’ve chosen. What else can I do?
Here’s what you can do:
- If you facing trouble in getting in touch with your friend, Try to call them one more time.
- If your friend didn’t get the code then tell him to check again the special URL, is it correct or not and try to refresh the page again.
Case 7: Reset your password without old password
You have to make sure that you can only see these options if you set them up previously. To reset password follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click Forgotten account?
- Fill the form to identify your account
- Select your reset method using which you can get a verification code. And if did not have access to emails or phone number then click on “No longer have access to these”?
- Then follow the instructions and get help from your friends.
If you can’t access your email then try to contact your email service provider to access your email.
FAQ: How you can log in with the old password
If you enter an old password, Facebook will let you know that you have entered an old password because they have the history of all your data. So you can’t actually log in with the old password, but you can reset your password using this.
You can follow the same procedure of “Forgotten account?” and then use OTP to reset your password with associated email and phone.
Case 8: When you forgot your phone number
By using associated email
This is the most common way used to reset or change the Facebook password when someone forget their phone number associated with their account.
- Go to Facebook and click Forgotten Password? option.
- Enter your email or mobile number or username or full name in the text box and then click Search.
- You can see three ways to reset the password. Choose the email one and click continue.
- Check your email inbox to get the recovery code.
- Enter the recovery code in the text box.
- Now you can set your new password and use your Facebook account.
No access to the associated email
In this case, you have lost your Gmail/email password which is associated to facebook account. Follow these given steps:
- Go to Facebook login and click Forgotten Password? option
- Enter your email or mobile number or username or name and click Search.
- Click “No longer have access to these?”
- If you had set up previously then You will be redirected to extended recovery options.
Security Question: This method is not available for new Facebook users but old users can use this. You have to answer some security questions which you have been set up.
Trusted Contacts: You can only use this option if you already have chosen some trusted contacts.
- Enter a new email address or phone and then click Continue
- Type the full name of your trusted contact or friend.
- Now you can see some instructions which include special URL
- Share this special URL to your friend which contains security code
- Ask this security and use it to recover your account.
About our customer service & technical support assistance
As we all know that FB doesn’t provide any customer service or tech support to help recover your facebook password. Neither they have any toll-free number through which you can contact any of them.
There are many situations where a user is unable to log in their account. Chances are that they may forget their password or email details or Facebook account hacked. In these critical situations, users find it very difficult to recover their account without any help.
Keeping in mind all these conditions, we have developed a team of expert. They are expert in handling these situations and resolve customer issues. We help users to recover their lost account credentials, so they may able to login to the old account. Whatever issues you are struggling with just dial our helpline and our team will give you the best results.
How our team will help you in Facebook account recovery:
If you need to change or reset your account password, you have arrived at right place. We will guide you and help you in the case if you forget the Facebook password. It is important to be safe and secure on the internet and to not trust strangers. When you create a new password, make sure that it’s at least 6 characters long. But what if someone hacks your account and you don’t remember your password. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
- Dial our Facebook password recovery helpline number: +1 855 216 7829
- Explain your issue to our executive.
- They will analyze your situation, and provide you with the best way to recover your account.
- You will also be trained, so that you may not get trapped in the same situation again.
Some of the frequently asked question for facebook password recovery
- I’m not receiving the email to reset my password.
- I’m trying to upload my contacts to Facebook but was told that I entered the wrong password.
- How do I change or reset my password?
- Can you send me a copy of my password without resetting it?
- Why am I being asked to enter my email login information while trying to reset my Facebook password?
- I’m seeing an “Incorrect Password” error message when I try to log in.
- I can’t reset my password because I’ve reached a password reset limit.
- How can I make my Facebook password strong?
- What’s a one-time password and how do I get one?
- I got an email saying I requested a new password but I didn’t make this request.
- I see an “Invalid Code” or an “Invalid Link” error message when I try to reset my password.
- How do I require a password or PIN when sending money in messages?
- I can’t reset my password because I can’t access the email or mobile phone number on my account.
- Using your personal Facebook username and password to sign in to Business Manager
- I didn’t reactivate my account but I got an email from Facebook saying that I did.
To get help for any of the issues, you simply require calling our toll-free number. Our helpline is accessible all through day and night. Our password recovery team will give you perfect solution. We believe in 100% customer satisfaction and is always aims to achieve it.