- June 11, 2018
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Facebook
The Facebook events are a way for the people on Facebook to know about upcoming events or gatherings. The events on Facebook require some details like name, time, date, location, host and so on. The Facebook events generally belong to two category public Facebook events and private Facebook events.
The private Facebook events are the events which are organized by the people for their Facebook friends or group only. These events cannot be viewed by others. Even the Facebook posts, Facebook descriptions, and Facebook walls of such events cannot be viewed. They can not be found in searches as well. They require an invitation from the organizer to be viewed. And the Facebook privacy settings of such events are set by the organizer only.
On the other hand are public Facebook events. These can be viewed by anyone on Facebook. Anyone can see and post anything on the wall of such events. As they are public events so anyone can send an invite to such events on or off Facebook.
Steps to create public Facebook events
Log in to your Facebook account from any browser you use.
Look for “Facebook Newsfeed” at the left side of your Facebook page. Now click on the “Events” at the end of the list under “create”.
Click on the top left corner which is a drop-down list. Choose public Facebook events from the options available.
Now you have options to enter the basic info about the event. A new Facebook feature enables you to add a photo or video about the Facebook events. Add whatever you like photo or video.
Now you have many options to enter. Such as
You can add multiple dates and time to your Facebook event.
Select a particular category for your event.
Options for entering keywords about the events.
A paid event has the option of adding a link to ticketing website.
Enter a detailed description of the event. It will help your Facebook friends and other people get a good idea about the event.
You can schedule the posting of your Facebook events as you like.
Click on “Create Public Facebook event” to finalize the event.
Steps to create private Facebook events
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Under the “Facebook news feed” in the left of your Facebook page look for “create”. Under that click on “Events”.
- Now choose “Private Facebook events” from the drop-down list in the left corner of the Facebook form.
- Choose a suitable theme for your private Facebook event.
- Add photos or videos of the events that you think are suitable.
- Now add a “Facebook event name”, it should be short and clear.
- The exact location is to be entered in the next tab.
- Enter the date and time for your Facebook event. This will your Facebook friends reach on time for the event.
- The description provides a clear view of the event. The details of the event are to be mentioned in this column.
- Click on “Create Private Facebook Event” to save it on Facebook.
How to edit Facebook events?
Many times the organizer or the person who is creating events on Facebook want to update them. If you want to make some changes to the Facebook events which you have created. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the official Facebook site and log in to your Facebook account.
- Now see the “Facebook news feed” on the left side of your Facebook screen. And click on “Events” in the left menu.
- From the list of your upcoming events, click “Edit an event” next to the name of upcoming Facebook events.
- Now make the required changes to your Facebook events. Such as name, time, location, and hosts.
- Click on “Save” to update the changes you have made to the current Facebook events.
How to delete Facebook events?
The Facebook users sometimes have problems due to the Facebook event they have created. In such case, the Facebook provides an option to delete a Facebook event. If you have any Facebook problem and you want to delete a Facebook event. Follow the below mentioned steps.
- Open your Facebook account and login to your Facebook profile.
- Now open the event which you want to delete from Facebook.
- Click on “Edit” in the top right corner of your Facebook events.
- After that click on “Cancel Event”.
- You have two options, click on “Delete event”, to remove the event.
- Now click on “Confirm” to finally delete your Facebook events.
A Facebook notification will be sent to all the people you have invited. Your Facebook friends who had declined the invite will not receive any notifications.
Note- When you cancel a Facebook event, you will not be able to make any further changes. But other people can still post & update that event. When you delete a Facebook event, then everything gets deleted and no one will be able to see or post.
How to add more host to Facebook events?
A host is a person who is organizing Facebook events. When someone creates an event he/she is automatically made the host of the event. And they can invite Facebook friends or people to co-host the event. Those people are not sent any Facebook notifications. They automatically become admins of the event if they mark the event as “Going” or interested. For adding a co-host to your Facebook events, do as mentioned:
- Log in to your Facebook account. And go to the event.
- Click “Edit” at the top right corner of the event Facebook page.
- Find co-hosts, and then click on “Add friends”.
- Now find your Facebook friends using their names. And them to the list of Co-hosts.
- Click on “Save ” to finalize the changes made to the list of Co-hosts.
Note- The people you have added as co-hosts can edit the event details. They can also invite other Facebook friends as well.
How to promote Facebook events?
There are several ways by which you can promote Facebook events. The hosts or the co-host get many options such share, create an ad and so on. Here are the two mains ways to promote events on Facebook.
Share your Facebook events
- Go to your Facebook account and log in using Facebook username and password.
- Open the Facebook event page and click on “Share” event below the Facebook cover photo.
- You have to choose from the options to share on Facebook messenger or share on the Facebook news feed.
- The URL of the event can also be used for sharing. You need to copy and paste the URL in your Facebook status.
Note- Only public Facebook events can be shared.
Create an ad for Facebook events
For creating an ad for the Facebook event make sure that you have created an event. The Facebook events must be created on your Facebook business page. As ads cannot be created for the event created on personal Facebook page or Facebook timeline. Steps need to be followed to create a Facebook ad.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook event you have created and click on “Boost Event”.
- Fill the proper details about the Facebook events you are creating ads.
- Now after you have filled the details, click on “Place Order”.
Note- The Facebook images that you use for ads should not contain text more than 20%.
How to add map or directions to Facebook events?
If you want to add directions to your Facebook events you should enter an exact location. The location of the Facebook event must be available on Google maps. If you want to add or edit a location to any Facebook event, follow these steps.
- Go to your Facebook account and login to your Facebook profile.
- Open the Facebook event page and click “Edit” in the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- For editing or changing, go to “Location”. Add or Edit the location or address of the event.
- Now click on “Save” to complete the changes you have made to the address or location.
Note- The organizer or the host can change or edit the location or address of the event at any time.
How to communicate in a Facebook event?
Sometimes it becomes really important to communicate with the people you have invited to a Facebook event. If you want to communicate with the people you have invited to a Facebook event then you need to follow these ways.
For Private Facebook events
- Open the Facebook event pages. And go that particular event.
- Click on “More” or the dotted icon on your Facebook page.
- Now click on “Message Guests”, to get the search tab.
- Select the guests you want to message by clicking on their names.
- Enter the message and click “Send”.
For Public Facebook events
The hosts of public events cannot be provided with the options to message their guests. As a being Public event, there are a large number of people invited to the event.
For more information
For more information or help related to any Facebook problem. Any confusion about Facebook event management, create a Facebook event, call the Facebook Customer service. The online help solution to all the Facebook user problems.